Inter Alia: April Legal News Recap
- The Votes Are In! Colin Hedrick, ’13, Inducted as New SBA Prez.
- It’s Award Season! Winners of the Annual “Best of BLS” Awards Include Ferris Kim (Student Leader) and Frederic Bloom (Professor). SBA President’s Awards Go to OutLaws (Student Group), and The BLS Advocate (Community Service).
- Students Launch Practicum, Online Companion to BLS Scholarly Journals. blspracticum.org
- BLS Community Mourns the Loss of an Adored Professor, Michael Madow.
- Community Group Brings City to Court Over Leaky Light Fixtures in Schools. NY1
- Appeal Filed in NYLS Suit Dismissal. Law360
- Chief Judge Lippman Announces New 50-hour Pro Bono Requirement for Bar Admission in NY, Starting in 2013. NYLJ
- AZ Defends its Immigration Law Before SCOTUS. Politico
- “Big Brother” Cybersecurity Bill Passes the House. CNET
- VAWA Debate Brings Sen. Franken to Tears. ThinkProgress
- SCOTUS May Hear Janet Jackson Wardrobe Malfunction Case. CNN
Steven Hasty, ’13, also contributed to this list.